A charity auction for Prancing Horse clients and dealers takes place on the evening of Monday, June 29, during the gala dinner that marks the conclusion of the 2015 Ferrari Cavalcade.
Unique and hugely important items of memorabilia from Ferrari History, including the nosecone of Michael Schumacher’s 2004 World Championship-winning single-seater and the 458 Speciale’s multi-award-winning engine, will go under the hammer. The proceeds from the auction will be donated to Rome City Council to be used for the restoration of a heritage site or monument in the City of Rome to be selected by the Administration.
HOW TO TAKE PART
Given the huge demand from all over the world, both clients attending the gala and others who sign up by email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by 15.00 (CET, GMT+1) on June 29 may take part in the auction at which RM Auctions’ Max Girardo is doing the honours
The email should contain the following information:
- Name, surname and regular Ferrari Dealer
- Address and contact number
- The lot you wish to bid on (numbers 1 to 4 with no restrictions)
- If you wish to take part under “commission bid” rules, please include your upper limit for each lot. In that case, minimum bids will be made automatically until you purchase the item or until the indicated upper limit is reached. Please indicate: “Commission bid:” followed by the sum in euro and the lot you wish to bid for.
You make also bid live at the auction. If confirmed, you will be contacted by telephone at the number you give in your email during the auction.
The items going under the hammer are as follows:
1. Complete nosecone no. 655b fitted to the F2004 single-seater that won the Drivers’ and Constructors’ World Championships in 2004.
The nosecone was used with different wing configurations on Michael Schumacher’s single-seater,winning him his final title with Ferrari.
Opening bid 20,000 euro
2. A Ferrari F136 FL engine for the 458 Speciale. The last engine of the Ferrari F136 road series to be built, this is the most high-performance naturally-aspirated V8 ever and was named Engine of the Year in 2011-2012-2014-2015. In 2013, it finished second behind another Ferrari engine, the F12berlinetta’s V12.
A naturally-aspirated GDI 90° V8 with dry sump lubrication, 4497 cc, 445 kW, 605 CV at 9,000 rpm.
Opening bid 20,000 euro
3. Race overalls autographed by driver Kimi Räikkönen, Formula 1 World Champion with Ferrari in 2007. Worn at the Monaco Grand Prix in the 2014 Formula 1 World Championship.
Opening bid 5,000 euro
4. Race gloves autographed by driver Kimi Räikkönen , Formula 1 World Champion with Ferrari in 2007. Worn during the 2014 Formula 1 World Championship.
Opening bid 1,000 euro