This fabulous royal blue 500 Mondial Pinin Farina spider (1954), one of only 14 open-top models of this series built by Pinin Farina, was owned by the legendary Dominican Playboy Porfirio Rubirosa. He drove the car in just a single international race at Santa Barbara in September 1954. Sporting the number 235, the car finished eighth overall and second in its category.
The 375 MM Pinin Farina berlinetta (1954) was a one-off model originally commissioned by film director Roberto Rossellini for actress Ingrid Bergman. This is the car that gave Ferrari’s iconic Grigio Ingrid its name.
This 375 America, often also dubbed the “Agnelli”, was owned by the Fiat patriarch and was one of only 11 of these models ever built. With its racing green exterior and contrasting red interiors, it is particularly unusual.
This light green and white 250 GT Pinin Farina coupé, chassis °0419 GT from 1956 is a superb example of a model that was an important landmark in the Ferrari production car history, as it had the largest relatively homogeneous model production run up to that time, and it marked the point where Pinin Farina became, with only one subsequent exception, the sole designer of Ferrari series production cars to date.
This bold blue 1956 250 GT Berlinetta Scaglietti was one of the few competition berlinettas created by Ferrari. The car was owned by Spanish racecar driver Marquis Alfonso de Portago who won that year’s Tour de France endurance race, giving rise to the model’s popular TdF moniker.
This is a Pinin Farina interpretation of the 410 Superamerica, launched at the 1956 Paris Motor Show. It features a cool two-tone blue and white exterior and elegant blue interiors with white piping.
Bodied by Italian coach-builder Mario Boano, this gunmetal silver 250 GT Coupé was introduced at the 1956 Geneva Motor Show.
The 290 MM was built for Argentinian race legend Juan Manuel Fangio to be driven at the 1956 Mille Miglia, a thrilling race that ended with four Ferraris taking the first four places. The car had a racing livery that incorporated the blue and yellow colours of the Argentinian flag.
This silver and dark red 410 Superamerica is known as the “Shah Car”. The series was launched in 1956. It was originally bought by Mohammad Shah Reza Pahlavi of Iran as a gift for Princess Soraya. Before buying the car, the two headed to the Ferrari factory to order the sports car, adding a number of personal touches.