PRIVACY – INFORMATION ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING FOR MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES
1. Purposes of data processing in compliance with art. 13 Italian Legal Decree n. 196/2003- Italian Privacy Code
1. The personal information of Users voluntarily made available to Ferrari S.p.A will be used:
(a) to contact Users that HAVE entered their personal details in this section of the Site in order that they might be contacted regarding product presentations, particularly of new car models, by Ferrari S.p.a and the Ferrari S.p.a. dealership and assistance network worldwide and/or subjects that collaborate in the commercial activities of Ferrari S.p.A. and/or companies controlling, controlled by and/or connected to Ferrari S.p.A. This also applies to the sending of information and promotional communications, including of a commercial nature, publicity material and/or offers of goods and services, by post, internet, telephone, emial, MMS, SMS from Italy or abroad (including from non-EU Countries).
(b) to send the newsletter(s) requested by the User
(c) for the purposes of market and statistical research and studies.
2. Type of data processed.
The web servers automatically record – as part of their normal activity – certain personal information implied by the use of Internet communication protocols.
The above-mentioned information is not collected to identify a specific person, but by its nature could identify the Users through some elaborations and associations with third parties’ data.
This information includes IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the Users through which they connect to the Site, the URL addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier) of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used for requesting the server, the dimension of the answer file, the numeric code which indicates the response of the server (good result, mistake etc) and other parameters of the operating system and of the User’s settings.
These data are retrieved with the only purpose to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the Site and to control its correct functioning. They are automatically deleted after the elaboration. They could also be used to ascertain the responsibility of the User in case of alleged criminal actions against the Site. But for the exceptions mentioned above, the data retrieved will not be kept for more than seven days.
Data voluntarily made available by the User
The discretional, explicit and voluntary information sent to at the email addresses indicated on the Site imply the automatic acquisition of the sender’s address, necessary to answer the requests, and other possible personal data present in the communication.
Specific information will be posted or displayed on the pages of the Site dedicated to specific “on demand” services.
The Site uses “cookies” technology. Cookies are information that could be saved from the browser to the User’s hard disk with the purpose of recording the User’s navigation of the Site, with the consequence that every time the User returns to visit the Site, the User can be identified together with the eventual preferences previously made available.
These cookies allow our Site to be personalised and navigation can be made easier for the User through a numeric control of visits to various web pages which results in better presentation of the more requested information. The cookies used only pick up anonymous information and thus will not result in your personal data being processed. Nevertheless, the cookies may be used for recording the login data of the Users for automatic recognition (avoiding the User having to insert the username and password each time the User will be entering the site).
Most current browsers automatically allow cookies, but the User has the option to set his browser in such a way to exclude, display before accepting them and eliminate the cookies. Moreover, it will be at any time possible to disable the cookies by modifying the browser’s settings, but this choice may slow down or impede access to certain areas of the Site. In any case, however, apart from the aforementioned navigational data, no other personal information will be stored with the obvious exception of the personal details that the User voluntarily provides.
The User’s personal details will be handled using suitable electronic and/or hard copy tools, in such a way as to guarantee the confidentiality and security of the details within the purposes of the data processing.
4 . Provision of data and consequences of refusal to provide data
The provision of the User’s personal data is voluntary; nonetheless, any refusal to provide such details and/or the provision of incorrect and/or incomplete information will make it impossible for the User to be contacted regarding presentations of Ferrari products or for the User to receive newsletters and information/promotional communications, including of a commercial nature, or to participate in statistical and market research studies.
5. Data communication
The User’s personal details collected by Ferrari will be communicated to the Ferrari dealership and assistance network as well as to entities collaborating in commercial activities with Ferrari S.p.A. and companies controlling, controlled by and/or connected to Ferrari S.p.A. for the purposes indicated in point 1.
Within Ferrari S.p.A. said details may become available to the Companies bodies, to the Company’s staff, with particular reference to those employed in the development of products sold online, Customer Care, marketing activities, technical assistance, and the Personal Data Processor and the designated data processing staff.
The User’s personal details may be communicated to approved individuals/companies which provide Ferrari S.p.A. with services for the purpose described above in article no.1 herein, including individuals and companies which are involved in the management and/or maintenance of our Sites and the electronic equipment used by Ferrari S.p.A. and shipment and/or delivery of the products. Pursuant to the objectives described at article n.1, Ferrari S.p.A. may also avail of the following categories of individuals/entities which may, in the course of their work, become aware of your personal details: approved entities such as, for instance, banks, insurance companies, suppliers and sub-contractors, which provide Ferrari S.p.A. with various services instrumental to the sending of the newsletters and information/promotional communications, including of a commercial nature, market and statistical research processing, the organisation and staging of events, including of a promotional nature, legal, tax, insurance, accountancy, organisational; any other individual to whom the data may have to be communicated under the terms of a specific legal provision.
The User’s personal data may also be transferred abroad including to non-EU countries where Ferrari S.p.A. is pursuing business interests
6. Disclosure of the data .
The User’s personal data will neither be disclosed nor communicated to third parties apart from those indicated herein.
7. Rights of the interested party
In relation to the purposes outlined in article 1, the User may exercise the rights provided by article 7 of Legal Decree n.196/2003, transcribed below for your convenience.
Art.7. Right to access to personal data and other rights
1. The interested party has the right to confirmation of the existence or otherwise of his or her personal details, even if this data has not yet been recorded and to access to same in an intelligible form.
2. The interested party has the right to be advised of : a) the origin of said personal details; b) the purposes for which and the means by which they will be processed; c) the procedures that will be followed for processing completed using electronic means; d) the identity of the controller, the data processing managers and the representative designated under the terms of Article 5, paragraph 2; e) the individuals/companies or categories of same as the designated representative within Italian territory, data processing managers or staff.
3. The interested party has the right to: a) update, correct or, if applicable, supplement the data; b) the erasure, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of any illegally processed data, including data whose preservation is not required for the purposes for which the data was gathered or successively processed; c) confirmation that the operations and content referred to in points a) and b) has been brought to the attention of the individuals/companies to whom the data have been communicated or with whom they have been shared, unless this proves impossible or involves the use of means which are disproportionate to the right involved.
4. The interested party has the right to object wholly or in part: a) for legitimate reasons to the processing of his/her personal data despite the fact that they were requested for pertinent reasons; b)to the processing of his/her personal information for the purpose of contacting same for advertising or direct sales, for market research or commercial communications purposes.
8. Information about advertising activities.
The participation of the User in our marketing activities is voluntary and in strictly compliance with art. 7 comma 4, letter b) and art. 130 of the Italian Privacy Act concerning electronic communications via email, telefax, MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) or SMS (Short Message Service).
9. Data Controllers and Processor.
The Data Controllers are:
1) Ferrari S.p.A., with legal headquarter at Via Emilia Est no. 1163 and operative branch at Via Abetone Inferiore n.4, 41053 Maranello (MO); c.f./VAT 00159560366; REA MO – 88683;
The Human Resources Manager, Granturismo division, domiciled for the purposes of the above referenced role at the operative branch of Ferrari S.p.A. at Via Abetone Inferiore n.4, Maranello (MO) is designed as the Data Processor. Any request relating to personal data processed by Ferrari S.p.A. and Triboo S.p.A. can thus be addressed to said individual at the legal headquarter of Ferrari S.p.A., or by writing to the following email address: email@example.com or to the following fax number: +39 0536 949931.