Another Ferrari Classiche restoration attracts the crowds at Villa d’Este
Maranello, 28 May 2012 – Another important restoration by the Ferrari Classiche department debuted at the prestigious Villa d’Este Concorso d’Eleganza this weekend on the shores of Lake Como. The car, a 1952 212 Inter Cabriolet (chassis number 0235EU), is historically significant as it is only the second car ever to have been built by Pinin Farina who went on to become Ferrari’s coachbuilder of choice.
The 212 Inter Cabriolet was first shown to the public at the Paris Motor Show in November 1952 before being sold to its first owner, Tony Parravano of Rome, by the then US importer, Chinetti Motors.
In August 1953 the car was famously entered at the Nürburgring 1000 km by film director Roberto Rossellini where it was driven by Maurice Gatsonides – the Dutch racing driver best known for inventing the Gatso speed camera – and Riccardo Vignolo, to finish an incredible 9th overall.
Now in the hands of American Ferrari collector, Kenneth B. Roath and his wife Dayle, the matching-numbers 212 Inter Cabriolet was returned to Ferrari in the autumn of 2010 for a complete and meticulous restoration in its original Azzurro over beige livery using both the factory’s archives and period photos.